Friday, July 6, 2012

Camp Wonderland Presents: Yarn Day!

Today was Yarn Day at Camp Wonderland. Nobody really knew what to expect from this, but I set out my invitation to play and as Birdy's friends were dropped off, they hooted and hollered out the window when they saw it.


I set up tying off stations all a round the yard (black planter hooks) and set out a basket with different rolls of yarn and scissors. The girls began at once.


After they had constructed the biggest web they could, they began coming up with other ideas. "What if we put blankets on top?" "What if we snipped some off and made jewelry?" "What if we sewed with the yarn and made a pillow?"



...and yes, we did all of those things!



7 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! So much fun!!! I wish I was going to Camp Wonderland too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks fun. I recently bought some wool when I noticed it on sale so this will be a perfect way to use it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. fantastic idea - it would be great to do with our big buddies at school

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! Young and old! Everybody loves yarn! (or wool);)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so totally fantastic. I love it! I have let my little guy go to town with a ball of yarn indoors before, but I love the idea of using it outside and making a web. I will have to remember this one later!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my goodness that looks like so much fun. My girls would love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. this looks like so much fun.

    ReplyDelete

I am really sorry about the word verification. I have been getting TONS of spam and this is the only way I can get a handle on it. I do love to hear what you have to say and hope that you will still take the time to comment. Thank you.